We supply 3 top quality pure Australian made chemical free BBQ Lump Charcoals, and import 2 Quality Charcoals from overseas. Use in Offset BBQ Smoker Weber Kamado BBQ Spit Rotisseries Hibachi.
Our Charcoal is available for Pickup from our Carrum Downs Warehouse. We, or you, can organise Pallet deliveries via Courier.
- MURRUMBIDGEE RIVER RED GUM - Use for BBQ Grilling & BBQ Spits and Rotisseries, almost zero ash, no ash to blow on your meats. Needs smoker vents open, goes out if air is choked off too much. 60ltr 18-22kg $50+gst.
- IRONBARK - Use for LownSlow and hot grilling. Restrict air flow for long cooks. Hot long lasting charcoal, low ash, needs minimal air. 60ltr 18-22kg $50 + gst.
- MALLEE ROOT - Use for LownSlow, Grilling or Spits, it is hot long lasting but sparks a bit when starting with our Electric FIRE ROD HEAT GUN, use 2 TUMBLEWEED FIRELIGHTERS instead, and it creates some ash. See the Charcoal Test of our new Chunky local MALLEE ROOT Lump Charcoal. $50 + gst.
- ROYAL ZULU 5kg AFRICAN NAMIBIAN HARDWOOD LUMP CHARCOAL - Use for Hot Grilling in your BBQ or Braai. Very Hot charcoal that is easy to light, it started in 45 seconds with our FIRE ROD and was raging in 1 min. Best Charcoal for Hot Grilling Skewers & Burgers in shallow charcoal beds in Hibachi or Skewers Grills. Leaves a fine talc ash. 1 x 5kg Bag $15+gst. 3 bags $40+gst. 4 bags $50+gst.
See Blog Page: JAPANESE HIBACHI GRILL Table Top BBQ cooking
- ORGANIC BAMBOO CHARCOAL LOGS - Long Burning Hot compressed hexagonal Logs - like HONEYBRIX but more Eco & lower ash. Long compressed 40cm hexagonal Logs, 6hrs+ burn time. Break into small chunks for Grilling, or stack the charcoal logs high and only start the base of the pile, for long cooks in a big smoker, restrict air vents for a slower burn. 10kg Box $30+gst. 2 for $50+gst.
- RED GUM BIOCHAR FINES - This is the small screenings sieved out when bagging Red Gum Charcoal, use for Biochar, landscaping, or Potting Mix. it is almost pure Carbon. 100% Carbon takes 1,000 yrs to break down! Never has to be replaced! 60ltr 18-20kg bags $30+gst.
Which charcoal to use?
For GRILLING & BBQ SPITS AND ROTISSERIES:-
- Ashless RED GUM. (Make a 4-6" charcoal bed, as a shallow bed will go out) Best for Spits as no ash to blow onto meats.
- NAMIBIAN AFRICAN ZULU. Is very hot and works well in a shallow Hibachi or Skewers Grill.
- MALLEE ROOT - Use for LownSlow, Grilling or Spits. It creates some ash that will blow around in an open Spit.
For LOWnSLOW BBQ SMOKING:-
- IRONBARK. Easy to start and a mound can be choked or slowed down by restricted air vents for a long cook.
- BAMBOO CHARCOAL LOGS. Takes 30 mins to start this dense long burning coal in a Charcoal Chimney with 3 or 4 Tumbleweed Firelighters.
- MALLEE ROOT - Use for LownSlow, Grilling or Spits.
Scoop Charcoal with our LARGE ALUMINIUM SCOOP or our HUGE PLASTIC SCOOP
Scoop out ash out of a round base Weber, Kamado, Big Green Egg, or Primo with our BBQ ASH SCOOP SHOVEL!
PICKUP is available from Aussie BBQ Smoke at 58 Frankston Gardens Dr. Carrum Downs Mon-Fri 8-5 Sat 8-4. cash or eftpos.
Our Pure Red Gum & Ironbark Charcoal is 100% cooked Australian Hardwood, no additives. Most Briquettes including Kingsford, except Bamboo charcoal Briquettes, contain various additives that can taint meats if not burned off, see Links: AmazingRibs & WIKIPEDIA :- "Kingsford Charcoal is made from charred softwoods such as pine and spruce which is then mixed with ground coal and other ingredients"
Our ashless Murrumbidgee River Red Gum Lump Charcoal is perfect for the new Heston's Everdure Fusion Charcoal BBQ as no mess to clean up. Customer Mark E. tested it in his patio Heston's Everdure Fusion BBQ and loved it: "Just fill it with the ashless Murrumbidgee River Red Gum Charcoal, push the electric Starter Fan button and let it go. It worked a charm, the heat spread very fast".
Start your Charcoal easily with the new FIRE ROD Electric Charcoal Starter, see below videos.
See our Huge BUTANE BLASTER CHARCOAL STARTER - it uses common Bunnings Camp Stove Butane cans!
Buy online from our Melbourne Warehouse via Blue Link Button:-