We supply several top quality pure Australian made chemical free BBQ Lump Charcoals in Melbourne
created from flavoursome long burn Aussie hardwoods:
- MURRUMBIDGEE RIVER RED GUM - for BBQ Grilling & BBQ Spits and Rotisseries, almost zero ash. Needs smoker vents open.
- IRONBARK l - LownSlow hot long lasting charcoal, low ash. Needs minimal air.
- QLD GIDGEE - LownSlow long lasting charcoal, but lots of fine talc ash. Needs minimal air.
- MALLEE ROOT - A nuggety tasty charcoal for spits, some ash. It provides the original charcoal chicken shop flavour from the 1950's.
Use in Weber, Kamado, Primo, Bullet, Offset Smoker. Our pure Aussie Charcoals add good flavour to foods, not like the cheap smelly Indonesian Mangrove charcoal that is flooding the market as it can taint meats.
- BABY RED GUM BIOCHAR FINES - Made from screening our Lump Charcoal, 2-20mm pieces. Use as black longlasting Landscaping Mulch or dig into the soil as soil aerator and improver. Naturally Activate the Biochar by mixing with Chook or Cow manure for a supercharged ACTIVATED BIOCHAR SOIL IMPROVER. We now offer 20kg bags.
We also manufacture Aussie ACTIVATED CHARCOAL for GUNPOWDER: SMOKEY CHARCOAL PEPPER SALT RUB.
CASH PICKUP is available from Aussie BBQ Smoke at 58 Frankston Gardens Dr. Carrum Downs Mon-Sat 8-4.
Our Bulk cash pickup prices from the Carrum Downs Warehouse are:
RED GUM 20kg $40 for 1-9 $35 10+ $30 for 40.
GIDGEE 20kg $40ea. $35 for 40.
MALLEE ROOT 20kg $40ea
IRONBARK 20kg $45 for 1-9 $40 10+
Gidgee from Qld is wrapped neatly on pallets, the local RED GUM & IRONBARK arrive to us as loose bags and are stacked on tall pallets unsuitable for mass transport, they must be hand loaded onto your trailer.
You have now found where you can buy Pure Charcoal comprised 100% from cooked wood, no additives. Most Briquettes including Kingsford, except Bamboo charcoal Briquettes, contain various additives that can taint meats if not burned off, see Links: AmazingRibs & WIKIPEDIA :- "Kingsford Charcoal is made from charred softwoods such as pine and spruce which is then mixed with ground coal and other ingredients"
Our ashless Murrumbidgee River Red Gum Lump Charcoal is perfect for the new Heston's Everdure Fusion Charcoal BBQ as no mess to clean up. Customer Mark E. tested it in his patio Heston's Everdure Fusion BBQ and loved it: "Just fill it with the ashless Murrumbidgee River Red Gum Charcoal, push the electric Starter Fan button and let it go. It worked a charm, the heat spread very fast".
Start your Charcoal easily with the new FIRE ROD Electric Charcoal Starter.